Knowledge Transfer Manager - AgriFood - Livestock & Aquaculture
Home based or out of KTN London, Harwell or Edinburgh Offices
Closed 7 days ago (23 Jul)
Purpose of the role
Livestock and aquaculture are a key part of the £120 billion AgriFood sector in the UK. Livestock represents a significant proportion of the agricultural sector both by value and land use area, and aquaculture is an important industry sector producing high-value exports, and with strong growth potential around the world. Innovation is crucial to ensure success in the sector, and also to deliver targets related to Net Zero and key UN Sustainable Development Goals. We are looking to recruit a new team member that can enhance our deep expertise and powerful connections, and drive positive change in this important industry sector.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us in driving innovation within the AgriFood sector, with a particular emphasis on supporting those companies working in livestock and aquaculture. The role will facilitate business growth and help promote and drive knowledge transfer between the science and technology base and industry, promoting networking and accelerating innovation relevant to AgriFood businesses. You will help catalyse the development of new technology enabled products and processes that will benefit businesses, the economy, the environment and society.
The post will be varied, working with businesses across the AgriFood sector but with a focus on opportunities driven by industrial challenges of the livestock and aquaculture industries. An appreciation of, or experience in the use of science and innovation within these industries is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key accountabilities within the role:
- Deliver and assist in the support of new funding streams related to industrial challenges relevant to AgriFood.
- Deliver and assist in the development of an AgriFood work programme within KTN.
- Prepare future work programmes in agreement with stakeholders and team members.
- Support the development of cross-cutting application areas working closely with KTN colleagues in other areas (e.g. Robotics applied to benefit AgriFood) and contribute to KTN wide activity in key priority areas such as Net Zero.
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for livestock and aquaculture innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities within the livestock and aquaculture research and innovation sphere.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and other meetings etc.
- Engage with companies, research institutions and universities, mainly within the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities.
For more information and to apply click here