Junior Researcher (Poultry)
Roslin Nutrition Ltd
Closes in 5 days (30 Sep)
Roslin Nutrition was established in 1997 and is located in Scotland 16 miles South East of Edinburgh. Roslin Nutrition’s mission is focussed around the formulation and manufacture of trial diets and the accomplishment of feedstuff evaluation studies with all classes of poultry and piglets for International industry leading companies. Our clients test all manner of feed additives from enzymes to prebiotics and novel ingredients. We perform all types of feed evaluation studies from EFSA registration trials to digestibility studies and proof of concept work.
Purpose of the Job
We have a vacancy for a Junior Researcher to help manage our poultry studies. We are seeking someone who is highly motivated, organised and willing to learn. Working within the existing research team, the role will also include communicating with existing clients and executing research studies. This post will be offered as a full time position.
- Plan and execute research studies involving poultry (mainly focusing on broilers) including on farm data collection and bird handling
- Have the ability to interact with existing and potential new clients to promote our facilities internationally and attract new business
- Work to tight study deadlines
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Agricultural related subject
- Problem solving skills
- Willingness to work independently and within a small team
- Experience of sample collection
- Experience of poultry and/or pig research
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients
If this post is of interest please forward your CV to Douglas Currie, Managing Director: Douglas.Currie@rolinnutrition.co.uk
If you require more information on the company please follow this link - Roslin Nutrition.