Assistant Technical Manager
Closes in 3 days (19 Aug)
Reports to (Title): Technical Manager
1. Job Purpose:
The Assistant Technical Manager at Agrimin is a permanent, full-time position to support the Technical & Operations departments.
2. Principal Accountability:
The Assistant Technical Manager will report to the Technical Manager on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working effectively with and reporting to the Technical Manager to bring R&D projects through to commercial launch to maintain Agrimin’s competitive edge.
- Project management within the R&D team to ensure new products and services are delivered on time and within budget.
- Provide advice to the production team on technical/quality related aspects of the new products.
- Preparing the text for leaflets, packaging and product literature.
- Preparation of data for new regulatory authorisations in domestic and export markets. When required, communication with the regulatory authorities.
- Technical support to the sales and marketing team.
3. Job Context/Key Challenges:
In short, the ability to work and communicate with other people at all levels internally and externally.
4. Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree-educated in animal science, agriculture or a related bioscience discipline.
- Knowledge of cattle and sheep production, particularly in forage-based production systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and under your own initiative.
- An effective and competent communicator (both written and spoken) with the ability to develop healthy, professional relationships with a range of staff, customers and end-users at all levels.
- A good grounding in business principles together with excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work and deliver to deadlines.
- Work within a close-knit team to problem solve and achieve company objectives.
- Strong planning, and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent IT skills e.g., Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint.
- Some project management or related experience.
- Experience or interest in carbon emissions reduction on farm.
- Clean driving license.
5. How to apply
Applicatants should email Callum Harvey (email@example.com), with a CV and covering letter detailing why they're a good canditate for the position.