ZELPContact: Dr Christopher Browne
ZELP is a UK-based technology company established in 2017 to develop technology in the cutting edge of agricultural decarbonization efforts. Our team is comprised of a diverse group of 26 scientists, designers, and engineers combining expertise in design technologies, animal science, electronic, mechanical, and chemical engineering, and business strategy.
ZELP has developed a unique wearable device for cattle that can a) oxidise 50%+ of methane per cow, b) contain sensory data loggers to provide health alerts to improve welfare and extend longevity of each animal reducing the overall emission intensity per herd, c) provide individual methane outputs so that farmers can select cows that are low methane emitters for future breeding programmes and d) contain temperature monitors to help farmers adapt to climate change, alerting them when cows are experiencing heat stress. The wearable device can be used for all farming systems unlike other mitigation strategies used in for cattle.
Areas of Expertise
- Animal welfare
- Animal behaviour
- Dairy and beef production
- Methane mitigation
- Data & IoT
Areas of Interest
- We are interested in providing placement and/or internship opportunities
- We are interested in seeking placement and/or internship opportunities
- We are interested in providing opportunities for ad hoc work (e.g. outside the curriculum)
- We are interested in providing project opportunities
- We are interested in seeking project opportunities
- We have people that are willing to deliver guest lectures