University of LeedsContact: Dr Katie McDermott
The University of Leeds is a Higher Education institute based in Yorkshire, with students from undergraduate level through to PhD. The UoL is home to the National Pig Centre (CIEL) which has research capability on a commercially relevant scale with both indoor and outdoor pig production systems and state of the art facilities.
Areas of Expertise
Monogastric nutrition and health (mainly pigs), precision nutrition, gut health, welfare and behavior, fertility and reproduction, production systems, smart-agri systems, sustainable production, rumen fermentation and microbiology. We also have specialisms in climate science, soil and water sciences and data analytics/modelling.
Areas of Interest
- We are interested in seeking placement and/or internship opportunities
- We are interested in providing opportunities for ad hoc work (e.g. outside the curriculum)
- We are interested in seeking opportunities for ad hoc work (e.g. outside the curriculum)
- We are interested in providing project opportunities
- We are interested in seeking project opportunities
- We are interested in seeking graduate schemes opportunities
- We have people that are willing to deliver guest lectures